In just a day I concluded this awesome book by the one and only Oprah. She lets a reader through her life but take note this is no memoir but aligning her life to some things she knows in a most captivating eye opener mode. She fuses in joy, power, connection, possibility, gratitude, awe, clarity and resilience to compile one short motivational book. And from that, this is
- Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and step out and dance-to live free of regret and filled as much joy, fun and laughter as you can stand.
- Pleasure is energy reciprocated. What you put out comes back. Your base level of pleasure is determined by how you view your whole life.
- Life is full of delightful treasures. If we take a moment to appreciate them, these moments are powerful. They can be your recharge, your breathing space, your chance to reconnect with you.
- A meal that brings you real joy will do you more good in the long and short term than a lot of filler food.
- I don’t want to live a shutdown life-desensitized to feeling and seeing. I want every day to be a fresh start on expanding what is possible.
- Reading opens you up. It exposes you and gives you access to anything your mind can hold.
- Healing the wounds of the past is one of the biggest and most worthwhile challenges of life. It’s important to know when and how you are programmed, so you can change the program. And doing so is your responsible, no one’s else.
- When you have nothing to be ashamed of, when you know who you are and what you stand for, you stand in wisdom.
- Lack of intimacy is not distance from someone else; it is disregard for yourself.
- Life is better when you share it. It even gets sweeter when you expand the circle.
- Pets represent our lives: a connection to caring that’s unconditional. And reciprocal.
- Appreciating whatever comes up for you in life changes your whole world. You radiate and generate more goodness for yourself when you’re aware of all you have and not focusing on your have-nots. If you make time for a little gratitude every day, you’ll be amazed by the results.
- Whatever you fear most has no power-its fear that has the power. The thing itself cannot touch you but your fear can rob you of your life. Each time you give in to it, you lose strength, while your fear gains it. That’s why you must decide that no matter how difficult the path ahead seems, you will push past your anxiety and keep on stepping.
- If you can get paid for doing what you love, every paycheck is a bonus. Give yourself the bonus of a lifetime: pursue your passion. Discover what you love. Then do it.
- The big miracles we’re waiting on are happening right in front of us, at every moment, with every breath. Open your eyes and hear and you will begin to see them.
- Having the best things is no substitute for having the best life. When you can let go of the desire to acquire, you know you are really on your way.
- Always do your best. That is the most fulfilling path to personal freedom.
My rate: 5/5
Pages: My soft copy 123
Published: 2nd Sept 2014